Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My ex husband and father of my daughter was charged with

Customer Question

Hello. My ex husband and father of my daughter was charged with several counts of possession of child porn several years ago before we were married. Years have gone by without incident and his daughter from another has lived with him. I and my daughter moved out and last night the police entered his home and seized his computer and phone alleging he visited a child porn site. I am considering getting full custody of my daughter, as I am concerned for her safety. What should my next step be?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Back in 2011 his charges were dropped and lessened to corruption of a minor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was not made aware of any of his criminal history until after I was pregnant.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'd like to know mainly if I have a case to take yo court to ask for cull custody.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You would have a VERY good case to ask for full custody. The court takes possible abuse and child pornography very seriously and just on its face, you have a great chance for full custody. You should file an expedited custody Petition with the Court in the county in which you live. The new PA custody law provides help when you believe the other party is facing a criminal charge. In this case, you may file an Expedited Petition. The court must schedule your hearing as soon as possible. To obtain evidence of the criminal charge, go to http://www.jendaveprogram.us/ and follow the instructions carefully. The court recognizes information obtained through this program as evidence in custody cases. Go to your county courthouse or family court. Call the courthouse or check its website for the address. You should bring any important papers and information such as previous custody orders, protection from abuse orders, the opposing party’s address, and social security numbers for all parties. In many PA counties, you must complete your own petition, according to the rules of your county court, and take it to court.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?