How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am traveling with my 9 year old daughter from Palm springs

This answer was rated:

i am traveling with my 9 year old daughter from Palm springs to north carolina tomorrow. what do i need for her to get on the american airlines flight. her passport expired

Good morning. A copy of her birth certificate should be sufficient, if asked, for her to travel with you and board the plane. You can bring the expired passport but typically the airline will require a birth certificate. This really should not be an issue since you are traveling within the US but you can always call and confirm with AA that the birth certificate is all that is needed, in the event that you are asked.

Here is a link to their website, evidencing the same.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you