How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I separated from my wife in Jan'13 and we shared custody of

Customer Question

I separated from my wife in Jan'13 and we shared custody of our 2 boys ages now 13 and 15 until Feb'15. Since then both boys have stayed with me full time. We have had to go to court to sort the situation out, whereby she is the applicant, and this is my problem. A hearing was set 06 Mar'15 to present documents to go to trial to settle financial matters - I submitted my docs on time but she didn't submit on time and turned up on the day with them which the magistrate ruled incomplete. At this time she also wanted to settle custody issues. A new date of 06 May'16 was set to submit documentation at which time she didn't appear and I explained that I still hadn't received any documentation from her. A further date has been set for 06 Sep'16 and a notice sent to her to say that she had to submit her documentation to the court and to me within 28 days and I had 21 to reply but to date I have received nothing. In effect I will be turning up 06 Sep without having had sight of her documentation and being able to provide a suitable reply as the respondent. Can you please advise way forward?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

You have a couple of options. You could file a motion to compel the disclosure of the information that you want. You could also ask the court to issue a subpoena to any bank or she has an account or her employer to get her financial information

Related Family Law Questions