How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am separated from my wife. We have a 14 yr old girl who

Customer Question

I am separated from my wife. We have a 14 yr old girl who needs a passport. What does the law say about who pays for it since my wife is primary custodian and I pay child support. She says she is not paying for it cause she doesn't want her child to go out of the country cause she know I want to take my daughter to mexico beaches for vaca.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Take a look at your child support order and it should indicate who the responsible for ensuring incidentals for the child. Typically it is 50-50