How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 878
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY grand daughter needs to file with the court to re-open a

Customer Question

MY grand daughter needs to file with the court to re-open a custody case for her son..the grandmother who had custody has died.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: we don't have the money for alawyer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the mother lost custody due to committing a felony..dirvers;icense violation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer! I am working on answering your question. Please stand by!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.


Florida has a Self Help center online that has the forms and instructions necessary for your granddaughter to reopen her case:

This is the form she'll need ---->

If she meets the definition of indigent, she may qualify for a waiver of filing fees. She may also qualify for a free lawyer through the Florida Legal Aid program.