How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There was a guardian appointed in my child custody case and

Customer Question

There was a guardian appointed in my child custody case and she provided a report on her findings. The other side lost and has appealed the judgement. does the guardians report have to be included in the appeal?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Provided that the appeal is based on an argument of abuse of discretion (which seems likley), and as the judge no doubt relied on the GAL report in reaching a decision, then yes, the GAL report would be part of the evidence that would be used in the appeal.

If the appeal was based on some alleged error of law, then the report would likely not be relevant.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your answer. the judge adopted my proposed judgement word for word except adding a paragraph about child support after a motion to amend was filed. Will the law court look down on the judgement because of using my proposed judgement?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


Sorry for the delay. I just got off the phone with another customer.

No, the appeals court will not find fault with the judge deciding to adopt the language in your proposed order. The judge's words are not what is being appealed by his discretion on making his order---and that had nothing to do with your proposed order language.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars located on your answer page---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


I just closed your other question because it was a duplicate of what you asked here as a follow-up question.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,