How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a friend of a person who is having legal problems. It

Customer Question

Hi, I am a friend of a person who is having legal problems. It started back in 2010. He was having issues with his parents so he moved out at the age of 17 in with a friend. There was a 33 year old woman who also stayed there and yes he did have some drinks and she seduced him and she got pregnant. He did the right thing to do and married her. I was told by his mother that she reported it to the police but since he was only about 4 months away from 18 they would not do anything. In January 2015 he found out she was cheating on him so they went through a messy divorce. In March his ex reported to the police that he raped her first son from someone else. So he was arrested. He was released on bond that I posted. He then got his visitation rights taken away from his 2 boys. Earlier this spring they said they had all this evidence and offered him a deal. Asked him to plea guilty to sexual contact with a minor and they would take the rape charge off the record that would put him in jail for the rest of his life. He accepted because he thought if he went through a trial and they claimed they had all this information they would never believe him. In July his ex finally went to the police and his lawyer and judge and said that her son made the whole story up because he was mad. This young man went to court yesterday and even though the prosecution had no evidence just hear say and his ex finally told the truth he was sentenced to 6 years in prison with 4 years suspended. They said that when he took the plea deal he admitted to doing it but he didn't know what else to do. Don't take the deal and spend the rest of his life in prison or take a lesser plea. Is there anything that we can do to help this nice young man. Now his parents are getting harassed so they are going to have to move. I truly believe this nice young man and don't know what to do to help him if anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and

looking forward to assisting you today.

I read through your extensive facts and the unfortunate situation. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Related Family Law Questions