How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For contempt of a custody visitation order, in lieu of jail

Customer Question

For contempt of a custody visitation order, in lieu of jail or monetary sanctions, can the child support be reduced
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for reaching out to the team. I would like to offer some assistance with your legal question today.

While this would be atypical for a court to vary child support on these grounds, I will need to look into your state's laws.

Which State has jurisdiction over the proceedings/ contempt petition ?

Please outline some information about the extent of the breach of the custody order also.

How often has it been breached and how ?

Once I have this additional information, I will be in a better position to answer your question and outline the prevailing law.



Related Family Law Questions