How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34092
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I consult an attorney before I sign a quitclaim deed?

Customer Question

Should I consult an attorney before signing a quit claim deed in Washington? My husband has talked to a lawyer but he’s not to be trusted in my experience. I am concerned that he will not pay the mortgage payments after signing the quit claim deed to me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
It is an excellent idea, and perfectly reasonable, to consult an attorney before signing any quitclaim deed or agreement, especially if you will remain liable if the mortgage is not paid. f you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:"
It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and speciality. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.