Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife had a temporary restraining order on me which she

Customer Question
dropped. The language of the Civil...
My wife had a temporary restraining order on me which she dropped.
The language of the Civil Action Order state that‘The parties shall be refrained from any form of communication exempting communication as to their daughter and parenting time’My question was :
1. If my spouse asks some ancillary questions e.g on Password ***** Wifi or her credit card bills or her frequent flier files\vehicle etc am I able to converse with her.
2. If we are both at a point we are amicable and civil and confident about each others behaviour can we both attend our daughters birthday party together or can we take her out to lunch together.I guess the main question is that is this a civil agreement that allows us to based upon our confidence level do things a little differently or does it have to be a strict interpretation of the agreement.Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel. If the RO was dropped then there are no restrictions and you can communicate amicably without concern.

And so the answer to both your questions is Yes.

If you two have an agreement it is best to try to follow that as closely as possible in the best interests of your child. If there is a RO still in affect, then you need to abide by that order. If it was dropped there is no Order.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry have you read the Civil Action Order Terms that I noted that were part of the dismissal. Are you saying that those terms that were used in the dismissal dont matter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
These are the terms of the new Civil Order that was issues upon the dropping of the Restraining Order.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The docket was transferred to another docket which has the new terms.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samuel you there

Hello

Yes. I am here. I had a meeting I need to step away from the computer. Thank you for the clarification. If there is any order in place, you must follow those terms. I read that is had been dropped. But as I stated, if there is an order and it says "‘The parties shall be refrained from any form of communication exempting communication as to their daughter and parenting time" then the answers to your questions are

1 -No
2 - Yes

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law