How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cousin that is being detained in a Mexican prison

Customer Question

I have a cousin that is being detained in a Mexican prison for soliciting the killing of her spouse. She has 2 young daughters in the care of her mother here in the US. How can my aunt get financial help for the daughters? My cousin is a US Citizen.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.


This is Samuel. I suggest she can apply for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families which is available and does not go by the grandparents income. It is based on the child's income or any child-support that is received on his/her behalf. TANF is a State/Federal program, so qualifying and the amount of assistance available is not the same in all states. IF you tell me the state your aunt is living in with the children, I can provide more information in this regard. Thank you

Related Family Law Questions