How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and his ex wife have 50/50 custody of their three

Customer Question

My husband and his ex wife have 50/50 custody of their three children. They live at her house one week and then our house for a week. They share all expenses. She is starting to talk about wanting to change their school district. Can she do that without him agreeing to it? They are currently in the top rated public school district in the state and we don't want to change. We think she will try to move and take them to a different district farther away.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Does the court order address the schooling issue- for example, is one parent given decision making powers over that issue?