How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102514
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a situation with my grandson's mother that is going

Customer Question

I have a situation with my grandson's mother that is going through a custody suit with a soon to be ex-husband.The future ex-husband can't pass a drug test and says he doesn't care he will never give them up. My future daughter in-law and her ex to be have a 3 year old that has to go through visitations with her dad that doesn't want to give up drugs. He is suppose to have monitored visits, but his mother is his supervisor and they live in the same home. Needless to say the 3 year old daughter comes home with fleas in her hair and flea bits all over her. We have an attorney but can't seem to get anything done. They had a court date this week and the judge told them they would have to re-schedule because some body messed up he had a 4 hours trial that day and would not do anything with the case. Is there anything we can do to get this over with.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. You ask: "Is there anything we can do to get this over with?"

I am afraid not until the trial date. It sounds like the Court is already having this scheduled, but the "wheels of justice turn slowly" and this is true - the family will have to wait until the court date. Now, if the mother is the conservator (custodian), she can relocate out of the home with him and live somewhere where it is better. Also, she can file an ex parte emergency petition for suspend visitation if she feels she can prove that continuing the visitation while the trial is pending is dangerous to the child given his continuous drug use. But she has to do this - no one else will file for her.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to be charged the full fee for this conversation that obviously had no real answer:
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


You can contact customer service if you want to discuss billing - experts are not privy to billing. Try:

You asked: "Is there anything we can do to get this over with." I tried my best to cover what I thought you meant by that. If you wanted to discuss things like grandparent's rights, your ability to stand in as party to custody, docket calls, etc, please reply and clarify. Thanks.