How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3914
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my grandkids and need to get temporary custody to get

Customer Question

I have my grandkids and need to get temporary custody to get my grand kids registered for school what do I need to do I have a notarized letter from their parents
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Are the parents willing to provide you the written statement?

Kind regards,


Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.

IF the parents are agreeable then the easiest thing to do is to have them sign a Temporary Guardianship Form

This form will work:

If they are not agreeable then you need to Petition the Family Court for an Order for Emergency Temporary Custody. This is a more involved process and would require the assistance of counsel.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do have a notarized letter where do I get the form from
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.

I linked you to the form. Copy and paste the following into your search browser:

Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.

The notarized letter is sufficient if it has the same information as is on the form.

Related Family Law Questions