How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been trespassed off of a private apt complex. Can I get

Customer Question

I've been trespassed off of a private apt complex. Can I get the trespass lifted? I got evicted from the property but my girlfriend still lives on the property.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The property manager that did it no longer works for the property
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You could, of course, as for it to be removed but a better solution is to hire a local lawyer to send them a request. The lawyer can also point out that their issuing the trespassing warning would substantially change the terms of your GFs lease with them and thus could be consider as their breaking the lease.

However, you do not want to try this yourself, for a variety of reasons. If you don't want to hire a lawyer then it would be best just to make the request to the new property manager or the property management company, if it is a company.

If they agree to lift it you want to get it in writing or have a witness. If the police were actually the ones who read you the warning, discussed the matter with you, or sent you any mail on the issue then you absolutely want to get it in writing to protect yourself.

If you want to use a lawyer then you can find a lawyer to assist you by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Criminal law or Civil Litigation. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.