How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is my financial obligation to pay child support for my

Customer Question

What is my financial obligation to pay child support for my 18 year old son?
His residence has been in Connecticut with the mother. I live and work in NY. He is going to college out of state.
I am not married to the mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends on many factors...can you tell me
1. Is there a support order? If so from which state?
2. Is the child still in High School?
3. What does the order say, if anything, about paying for college?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

SOrry...I note you mention college...please disregard the second question