How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12365
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My situation has changed since the divorce I now have a

Customer Question

My situation has changed since the divorce I now have a fiancé we been together almost 3 yrs we think that oir future is looking better by moving to Florida at this moment we are in texas, my ex husband has visitation time with our kids he comes every week on Thursday and takes them every weekend is his turn, but he moves a lot this year alone 5 times and he has hard time providing the basic needs for the kids, what chances are they to let me move on with my life next to my fiancé?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

In order to get a judge to allow you to move your children to Florida, you would have to demonstrate that the move is in the children’s best interest. I will be honest with you, that proving that it is in the children’s best interest to move away from their father in Texas to Florida where their relationship with their father will clearly suffer, will be a difficult task. Essentially, you’re asking the court to rule that the move to Florida is so important for the children’s well-being that it is acceptable to virtually destroy their relationship with their father.

Having said all that, it’s possible that you could indeed win the right to move to Florida if you can show that the relationship that the children have with the father is strained. That there are no job prospects in Texas. That there is no family in Texas. What you need to avoid is the appearance that you are moving to Florida for your own convenience and not actually for your children’s best interest.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!