How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our grandson is in Arkansas ... Hid father abandoned him

Customer Question

Our grandson is in Arkansas ... Hid father abandoned him there ... We live in Chattanooga, TN ... How can we go about getting emergency custody ... He is now with his aunt (his father's sister) ... He also has two children in Jasper, TN that he has not seen in almost a year ... He has not contacted our grandson nor can anyone contact him ...
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Our grandson's mother lives in Florida
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The child's father has not contacted our grandson in a month and a half ... school is getting ready to start and he has no clothes.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to get your grandson, if the aunt will not voluntarily give him up to you, it would require you to go to Arkansas and hire an attorney to file a petition for emergency custody and get a court order in Arkansas to remove the child. You could do this in TN where you live but then you would need an attorney in TN and then one in Arkansas, so save the money and get one attorney in Arkansas and go get the child from there and a court order to return the child with you to TN