How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27762
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Case on a dwlr has been continued two years. The lawyer who

Customer Question

Case on a dwlr has been continued for over two years. The lawyer who was paid to defend is out on indefinite medical leave. Last month she asked for another continuance cause she wanted to retain her same lawyer. The judge granted it but told her this was the last time and that she better find a new lawyer. She didn't and her court date is tomorrow. What is her best options from here
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

She doesn't have too many options at this point. She can come in and say she did not have the time to get a new attorney and ask for one very brief additional continuance to retain one.

She can also come in early and speak to some criminal lawyers she sees in the courtroom before her case is called. If she likes the attorney, she can hire him or her on the spot to take over the case. It's one way to find a lawyer in an absolute emergency.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.