How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Court order says he must pick up our baby with a license

Customer Question

Court order says he must pick up our baby with a license driver yet he's try twice already to pick him up him self and gets upset when I don't let him take the baby
Is ther anything I can do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

Keep obeying the court order. Make a record each time he comes without a licensed driver, so that if he ever takes you to court, you can show the Judge evidence that you were just following the order. You are doing the right thing. It's not your fault that he can't seem to obey the order. If he gets upset and trespasses on your property or makes you afraid for your safety, you can call the police and they will come talk to him and tell him to leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now let's say we want to do something over the weekend
And one of those days is when he would normally pick him up due to court order
Is it okay as long as we notify him with plenty of time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course give him a chance to get him another day
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

He must agree to switch days and you should get that agreement in writing (text or email is fine). You cannot make that choice for him. If he has court ordered visitation, you have to make the child available to him or risk being in contempt of court. Now, if he agrees to take a different day, that's fine, but if he doesn't agree, he gets visitation as court order (provided he follows the order and comes with a licensed driver.)

Related Family Law Questions