Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I failed to enter the date in a Non Contested Divorce

Customer Question

I failed to enter the date in a Non Contested Divorce Application in the state of DELAWARE. The court has responded and said ADVISORY NOTICE: Reason for deficiency: Date of Separation does not match. * Please amend the date of separation to Feb 1st, 2012 (I omitted the day from the original doc).
It says "The submitting party (me) may either correct the noted deficiencies or they my submit the documents which will be received by the Office Judge for a final decision on said deficiency. If the Office Judge decides that the Court cannot process the document, said document will be returned to the petitioning party. "
My question is - DO I NEED TO RESUBMIT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION (AND HAVE NOTIFIED) AGAIN? OR JUST CHANGE THE ALREADY NOTIFIED DOCUMENT THEY SENT ME BACK??? Please help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

You will need to correct the errors and print out a new copy and have it notarized again.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you for using Just Answer.