Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I failed to enter the date in a Non Contested Divorce

Customer Question
Application in the state of...
I failed to enter the date in a Non Contested Divorce Application in the state of DELAWARE. The court has responded and said ADVISORY NOTICE: Reason for deficiency: Date of Separation does not match. * Please amend the date of separation to Feb 1st, 2012 (I omitted the day from the original doc).
It says "The submitting party (me) may either correct the noted deficiencies or they my submit the documents which will be received by the Office Judge for a final decision on said deficiency. If the Office Judge decides that the Court cannot process the document, said document will be returned to the petitioning party. "
My question is - DO I NEED TO RESUBMIT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION (AND HAVE NOTIFIED) AGAIN? OR JUST CHANGE THE ALREADY NOTIFIED DOCUMENT THEY SENT ME BACK??? Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/27/2016
Family Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

You will need to correct the errors and print out a new copy and have it notarized again.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer