How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Quick question. I run a state licensed day care out of my

Customer Question

quick question. I run a state licensed day care out of my home. Parents of a child aren't married and have 50/50 custody and both are required to pay 50% of all expenses. My Day Care Parent/Provider agreement was signed by the mother but the father refuses to sign it. Mother has been paying her 50% of the expenses of day care as she's required by the courts but the father hasn't paid me a dime since March. He know owes me almost $1,000.00 and it continues to rise. Since there is a court order for the father to pay 50% of the expenses, but he didn't sign my contract, is it worth taking him to court with the court papers from his mother in hand that states he's required to pay 50% of all expenses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Cathy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quick Answer. The court order that each parent pay 50% is an order to them and is not binding on you. Additionally, as the father has not signed the contract you have no legal ground to sue him for the unpaid childcare. You must sue the mother and she will then have the right to ask the family law court to order the father to repay her.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Cathy,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Cathy,

Is there anything else I can assist you with?