Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a child support hearing tomorrow morning and i just

Customer Question

i have a child support hearing tomorrow morning and i just saw that the court asked for a financial declaration , amongst other things but I feel as though that should not be asked for since we were never married. The father has an attorney , I had mine w/d b/c of cost. Father has never paid any support at all for our daughter who will be 11. I filed for second time in Dec. An order was established but then father asked for modification since he lost?got fired his job. This seems so unfair . But I know it was his attorney that asked for all my financials, tax returns etc to have in court. I did NOT do financial declaration b/c it saThis is ys husband/wife on it so i suspected it was NOT for me . Your thoughts??
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

Unfortunately, the other party can ask for your financial records and if you fail to comply the judge can make you produce them or make a decision based on assumptions. I would suggest cooperating and staying on the good side of the judge.