How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My aging parent refuses to admit they are developing a

Customer Question

My aging parent refuses to admit they are developing a mental illness. What can I legally do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience, and I can assist for informational purposes.

If they are mentally incompetent, then you can file a petition for conservatorship and guardianship, so that you can take care of them, and preserve their assets. This involves filing a case in court.

Has that answered your question.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see that you have viewed my response but not stated if I answered your question. Please reply and state if I have answered your question, or if you have followup questions, you can go ahead and ask them. If not, kindly give me a positive rating. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions