Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a restraining order be obtained against in-laws who are

Customer Question
harassing for rights to see...
Can a restraining order be obtained against in-laws who are harassing for rights to see a grand child who they have never seen or been part of their lives?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/26/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Yes she can file where she is located and seek to have the court issue such an order.Have her gather copies of the correspondence and she will need a local family lawyer to send cease and desist letter and file for restraining order here if they don't stop harassing her.

Lawyer Referral Directory

Back to map

Ohio

Akron Bar Association LRIS
Akron, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free: 866-OUR-LAWS(###) ###-####
Counties Served: Summit, Portage, Wayne, Cuyahoga, Medina and Stark

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Cincinnati Bar Association LRS
Cincinnati, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Hamilton, Clermont, Warren, Butler; Kentucky: Boone, Kenton, Campbell; Indiana: Dearborne County

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association LRS
Cleveland, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />Toll free: 877-CLEV-BAR
Counties Served: Cuyahoga

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Columbus Bar Association LRS
Columbus, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Franklin, Licking, Fairfield, Delaware and Pickaway

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Dayton Bar Association LRS
Dayton, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Darke and Warren

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Toledo Bar Association LRS
Toledo, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Lucas, Northwest Ohio

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Butler County Bar Association LRS
Hamilton, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Butler, Hamilton

Clermont County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Batavia, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Clermont, Hamilton, *****, *****s

Hocking County Bar Association
Logan, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####x3105
Counties Served: Hocking

Lake County Bar Association LRIS
Painesville, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga

Mahoning County Bar Association LRS
Youngstown, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Mahoning

Medina County Bar Association LRS
Medina, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Medina

Pro Seniors, Inc.
Cincinnati, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Statewide

Stark County LRS
Canton, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Stark

Trumbull County Bar Association
Warren, OH

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Trumbull, Mahoning

She can pursue this through the courts if necessary to get them to stop harassment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would they ever have the right to get visitation rights to my grandson who is now 3 years old

Under Ohio law, a court can award visitation rights to a grandparent

during or after a domestic relations proceeding if the grandparent has an

interest in the welfare of the child and visitation is in the best interest of the

child. A court can also award visitation rights to a grandparent if a parent

is deceased or the child’s mother was unmarried when the child was born.

Before awarding grandparent visitation rights in Ohio, a court must consider

all relevant factors, including all factors listed in statute.

Ohio has authorized grandparent companionship or visitation rights by statute

in three circumstances: (1) when married parents terminate their marriage

or separate, (2) when a parent of a child is deceased, and (3) when the child

is born to an unmarried woman. In such cases, a court may order reasonable

visitation if it is in the best interest of the child.

So yes here it is possible they could file and seek it through the courts.

Thanks again and the best here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer