How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2174
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The problem is my girlfriend has custody of her 6year old

Customer Question

The problem is my girlfriend has custody of her 6year old boy which right now he has been with his paternal father for about 4 weeks. My girlfriend and I just tried to call the 6 year olds father and tell him that we are on our way to pick him up and he tells me no. Blaze (is the 6 year old boys name) is staying with us the father tells me. And I ask why. The father tells me that blaze has been neglected and the mother is on drugs. And I say you can't keep him blaze has to come home with us. The father tells me no again. And that the father has already contacted CHild protected services about blaze and that we cannot come to pick him up. What do we the paternal mother and I do as of now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. You have a couple of options. One you can notify the police and see if they will enforce the court order. However they may not since they will view this as a civil matter. In that case you would have to file a motion for enforcement and ask for an emergency hearing
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.