Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My child was taken by cps when we came down to California to

Customer Question
go to Disneyland and i...
my child was taken by cps when we came down to California to go to Disneyland and i was arrested because there was no one over 18 to care for my child cps stepped in and now she is in foster care is it illegal for me to take her from her foster home and go back to my home state
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/22/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, it would be generally illegal for a parent of a child who was removed by CPS, to take the minor child out of the foster home, without CPS consent or a court order and if parent takes minor child without either CPS permission or court order, such parent can expose himself/herself to both criminal and civil liability.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law