Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am currently involved in a custody/visitation case in

Customer Question

I am currently involved in a custody/visitation case in which my ex-spouse violated our written settlement agreement and removed our child from the school she was enrolled to to a far inferior school. It specifically states in our agreement that this could not be done without written consent of both parties. My concern right now is that she dropped the lawyer she was paying and now, suddenly, has a free lawyer appointed by the court. She lives in a large, beautiful home, receives child support payments from me, rental income from apartments in the house, drives a brand new vehicle, works under the table and pays no taxes. She could NOT have qualified for a free lawyer without lying about her income. Is this considered perjury and, if so, is there anything I can do about it? Now that she's getting a free ride, she will stop at nothing to get her way. This is in New York State. Thank You.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Is this considered perjury and, if so,

Response 1: Yes. It is also considered fraud on the Court.

is there anything I can do about it? Now that she's getting a free ride, she will stop at nothing to get her way. This is in New York State. Thank You.

Response 2: You can report her to the Court--to the presiding Judge in the case. You can bring the issue up during your hearing in front of the Judge.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.