KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Have to go to court in the morning I missed a subpoena civil

Customer Question

Have to go to court in the morning I missed a subpoena for a civil case
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. When you miss a subpoena court date, the judge on the case may or may not issue a warrant. The attorney who issued the subpoena can ask the court for a contempt of court order. It would then be in the judge's discretion to issue an arrest warrant. You should contact the court or appear at the judge's courtroom to state in your defense why you did not answer the subpoena. Even if it is a civil case, the court can still issue a warrant for your arrest. If it is a criminal subpoena you missed I would definitely hire an attorney before I appear in court tomorrow.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you don't rate the question, I will not get credit for my work.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. I will not get credit and payment unless you rate the question.