Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Do I have a chance of getting joint custody of my 2

Customer Question
grandkids if my son is...
Do I have a chance of getting joint custody of my 2 grandkids if my son is in prison?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Answered in 1 day by:
7/23/2016
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Is the mother involved in the children's lives? Is anyone else seeking custody?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the mother is but she is on drugs and has an abusive boyfriend.

Two more questions: are there currently any court cases regarding custody of your grandkids. Also, are the kids with their mother right now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, there are no current custody cases. Yes, they are currently with their mother.

In order to get custody, the parents must start a custody case as part of a divorce, legal separation of paternity action. If you have your son file, you could join as a party and ask for custody. If the mother is deemed unfit, you could potentially gain custody.

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney