How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1536
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I inherited an annuity from my parents 4 years ago. I have

Customer Question

I inherited an annuity from my parents 4 years ago. I have filled out the paperwork to release the funds to my bank in Decatur, TX. Thivent Finacial is the holder and won't release my money (without penalty)because they say I was disabled before the annuity was transferred from my Sister Joyce Vondielingen, Executrix of Mom and Dad's wills. I transfered my name to the account in 2013. According to the Ameican Disabilities Act am I not to receive the funds with out penalty?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. After you became disabled what benefits are you receiving, are you on SSDI, or any other disability pay?