Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My niece and her boyfriend live in s moms house. nice lives

Customer Question

my niece and her boyfriend live in his moms house. nice lives there for almost a year, they had a baby together, baby is 2 1/2 months old, he just kicked my niece out last night, his mom is angry at him, niece has no other place to go, no job, no car...he won't let her see the baby.
in dauphin county, pa. his mom is the owner of the house.
we need your advice
Ivana Petrovic (my niece) (###) ###-####
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel.

First of all, the Mother can let your niece back in. However, your niece should consider filing an ex parte to get the child custody on a temporary basis. She can go to the clerk of the court where the child is living and tell the clerk she needs to file an ex parte to get Temporary custody of the child until there is a full hearing.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

She should tell the clerk she is the Mother, the ex has the child and she is concerned for the welfare and safety for the child because he has also illegally kicked her out of the home. If there is any mental, emotional or physical abuse in this situation to her she should put all of that in her Petition.