How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking about a certificate of legal capacity to adopt

Customer Question

I am asking about a certificate of legal capacity to adopt - my wife is a Philippine citizen (residing and caring for our "daughter" and we are trying to adopt her who is a 5th degree family member (3 year old girl) with goals to bring the child to the USA - I am living / working in the USA - what do I need to do for this certificate
Additional Information: My wife has spoken to a lawyer there. I have spoken to a couple who tell me to go through an agency - they cost $25,000 to process - and never gave me an answer as to what I need to do except using an agency.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You do need to use an agency. the process is described at

which states: " Adoption cases must be handled by federally accredited adoption service providers (ASP). For a list of accredited service providers, click here."

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Family Law Questions