How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Wife & I have been domicile in the State of Florida since

Customer Question

My Wife & I have been domicile in the State of Florida since Jan. 2014. The state of NY is now auditing us for 2014. They 1st told us we were not out of NY State for more then 183 days. We proved to them we were out of NY State for more than the required days to be out of NY State. Now they want our bank records, driver's licenses, etc., Deed of our house in Florida. It seems to me that they are harassing us. Can we sue them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question...You want to sue the state of NY for what? For asking you for information?

Related Family Law Questions