Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in Mississippi and was divorced in California I have

Customer Question
I live in Mississippi...
I live in Mississippi and was divorced in California I have a spouse support order that was up for review in may. How can I go about removing the spouse support?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/19/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
In order to reduce or terminate spousal support, you must show that there has been a "change in circumstances" since the spousal or partner support order was made. Heres a good link you can read:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/1250.htm
If you can show that you're making less money or that your ex doesn't need as much assistance, it is possible to get a modification.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when the order was made the judge speculated to review my ex status if she was working or finding means to maintain her self because at time of divorce she refuse to work how do I go about filing to the court for evaluating?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know how or can I file while living in a different state.

Hi - sorry for the delay.

You should be able to obtain the relevant documents online through the court's website. Also, you should be able to mail in or even file the documents online.

You can call the court clerk's office and request assistance with obtaining the correct forms and instructions on how to file.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what actions can I take if my ex moves out of the state with my children without my consent?

If there's a custody or visitation order your ex is in violation of, you can file a motion for contempt.....but if there is no court order in place, then there's nothing you can legally do UNLESS you get a court order that outlines your rights and restrictions.

Roger, Attorney