Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm in a domestic partnership filed in California. I do not…

I'm in a domestic partnership...
I'm in a domestic partnership filed in California. I do not have a lawyer the partner, he does. I filed to dissolve the partner ship his lawyer is sueing me for financial elder abuse saying he did not know he was signing a form to let me have access to his funds
7/18/2016
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon Gail,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your question?

2. Has your partner ever been ruled incompetent by a court or by a physician?

3. Any idea what they claim your partner though he/she was signing?

4. How long had you been in the domestic partnership before the "form" was signed?

5. What was the nature of the form? A POA, a bank document allowing you access to an account?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

I'll call in the next few minutes.

Doug