How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116817
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a legal malpractice case. Attorney filed demand.

Customer Question

I filed a legal malpractice case. Attorney filed for reconvential demand. Peremption vague and no cause of action. I am pro see, I have to answer or can I object to reconvential demand based on exception, to the demand , premature & no course of action. I filed the original suit within one year of an attorney telling me it was malpractice. Need assistance answering or objecting to reconvential demand.. I do not want a default judgement
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You must file a responsive pleading to the reconventional demand, it is a countersuit against you. So, you can reply with a motion to dismiss based on failure to state a claim or it being premature, or you can file an answer denying the claims and in your affirmative defenses you would raise the defenses that they have failed to state a claim on which relief can be granted and also that the action is premature in that no claim or cause of action yet exists. It is typically best to file your answer and raise those issues in your affirmative defenses within your answer so as to make sure your pleadings are filed and they cannot seek to claim default.