How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being supervised under Cps in my home with my son if I

Customer Question

I am being supervised under Cps in my home with my son if I was to up and leave would Cps take my son
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me? Thank you!

I'm going to need a little more information. Can you tell me how old your son is and what happened to cause CPS to require CPS supervision? Any additional information would help me because I need to know as much about your case as possible so I can answer your question. Just general things -- what happened, what they say happened, how old is son, where is the other parent and are you the mom or dad? Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is 8 months I left due to domestic violence and he ended up calling Cps saying I was on drugs they drug tested me and I passed I did admit to doing some drugs and they got my grandparents to sign a paper saying they would supervise me im taking drug classes and I am the mother the father is pending charges and will soon go to court im not sure what there saying it is honestly... I want to know if I leave without anyone knowing if they will find me and take my son away.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you so much for that.

I'm so sorry you're in this situation. That is a horrible situation to be in. I know you're scared and probably feel all alone, but you aren't. That's why we're here. Also, if you can get an attorney in your area, I would strongly advise it. CPS is NOT something to be ta***** *****ghtly or fooled around with. They're serious. I can help you get a family lawyer by providing you with names of lawyers for you in your area. We can't recommend anyone but I can give you a list and tell you how to pick one from the list from a short simple guide that I will provide for you. Just let me know if you need it. Using an attorney is a good idea. If you can't afford a private attorney, I can look for Legal Aid in your area.

Regarding your situation -- dad retaliated against you by calling CPS. The father is pending charges on DV, I'm sure. You have a chance to make this right by taking the classes. If you finish the classes and do what you're supposed to do, you will probably left alone by CPS. Please do not run away with the child. It's not going to help. Yes, they can take the child away and if you run you stand the chance of losing the child to the system. You don't want to do that. All you probably have to do is finish the drug classes, pass and attend, and then CPS will probably leave you alone if you can show you will comply with them and that you have complied.

If you leave you will be looking over your shoulder forever. You will be found and your son will be taken away and possibly even put in foster care or given to your grandparents and you might never get the child back.

You really need a lawyer of your own in TX. I can help you find one if you want, or Legal Aid. Just let me know what you prefer.

Does this help you?

Related Family Law Questions