How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I stop my daughters wedding? She's marrying a guy

Customer Question

How can I stop my daughters wedding? She's marrying a guy she broke up from after he negligently caused their childs death. She brought up charges against him and his hearing isn't for 3 months. He's one of those controlling type people, like a cult leader. His exwife (5yrs) and xgirlfriend (4yrs) agree. he got back into my daughters head again and now they're getting married in two days. He won't let her call us without monitoring her phone. She can't visit anybody she knows without him being there. She hasn't told any of her family or friends that this is happening. All of us family and her friends witnessed things that make us scared for her life, her son's life and his children with his ex-wife. We're grasping at straws now. The only thing I think we can do now is to stealthfully show up at the wedding (courthouse) to voice our opinions when the 'object to this wedding' opportunity arises. If that's legal, I have about 15 or more friends and family that can shop up and try to do this. We believe that my daughters and the three childrens life is in real danger. What can I do if she's brainwashed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am sorry to say but you can not stop her wedding. if she wants to marry this man, she can and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I know this is not what you are hoping to hear but she is free to marry him if she wants. If there is a case pending with the court, the State will prosecute and has the burden of proving the charge against him, beyond a reasonable doubt. When there are children involved, child services can be contacted and a wellness visit can be conduct if there is a basis to believe that the child are at risk or harm.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

You can make a phone call request and a professional can accept the call