How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19319
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently live in minnesota, my son and s now ex

Customer Question

hello, I currently live in minnesota, my son and his now ex girlfriend live in Wisconsin with their 5 daughters. the oldest child belongs to ex, from her previous relationship as does the baby, a product of ex girlfriends cheating on my son, getting pregnant, lying about father and getting caught.
last September my son and ex sent the 2 oldest to live with sons 1/2 sister in green bay for normalcy, schooling and just a better life overall. the parents have seen the children 2 times in 10 months, I do not know about phone conversations, but I suppose they we're minimum to none,
about 3 months ago, said girlfriend packed her bags and walked out the door. leaving my son with a set twins and a baby that was not his.and she moved in with new boyfriend,who deals drugs. she has not seen her children or attempted communication with childen for almost a year.
Just last week, she called said aunt and informed her she would be coming for the older girls by end of month to live with her again and start school.
the girls are 11 and 7 years old and would rather live with me, then the aunt and especially not with their mom.
what can I, grandma, do to stop mom's attempts at bringing children into a home where drugs are being sold? does any of this sound like child adanonment, neglect, abuse?
my son would rather have the girls with me, than their mom also.
any help will me greatlyrics appreciated.
thank you, sarah
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can file for sole custody of the children and get your son to sign a consent form agreeing to the arrangement. You will tell the Court the reason for your request just like you did on your post here: the mother is unfit, has abandoned the children, hangs around with the wrong people and drug dealers. Her environment is not conducive for raising children--her living arrangement is quite dangerous for the children.

You would obtain custody forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.