How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband share joint legal and joint physical custody.

Customer Question

My ex husband share joint legal and joint physical custody. We have a court order for parenting time. He constantly disregards ***** ***** keeping our son weeks without seeing him even when I demand he bring him back. He let's our 15 year old dictate where he stays and let's him do as he pleases. I've taken him to court previously for violating the order in which I won but all the court does is order makeup time. Then my ex doesn't comply with that order. Should I attempt to modify custody? Can I possibly get punitive action such as even a day in jail, so he won't be so quick to violate the order?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are there any other legal reasons to modify child custody?

Were you represented by an experienced local child custody law attorney when you had your previous Motions for Contempt proceeding and if you had an attorney, did this attorney ask for any sanctions?