How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1450
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I amend a birth certificate?

Customer Question

How do I amend a birth certificate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I’m a NY family lawyer and appellate attorney.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me?

What are you looking to change in the birth certificate? If it's a mistake, this can be usually done without a court order. If it's something other than an administrative mistake, you may need a court order for this. It depends on what you need to change. That information will help me with your answer. Thanks!

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

If you'd rather have a phone call I can do that too. There are a lot of things that need to be amended in a birth certificate, so without knowing what needs to be changed, I can't tell you if you need to send it in to vital statistics or to get a court order, so that's why I'm asking. If you'd rather have a phone call, please let me know. Thanks.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, tell me what you would like changed in the birth certificate and I will help you.

Related Family Law Questions