How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was accused of molesting my son in NYS arrested,

Customer Question

I was accused of molesting my son in NYS arrested , prosecuted and jailed. Not guilty of molestion just child endangerment. Same as my wife. My children have been taken from me for nine years. I go to court in two weeks and I'm still denied my rights to see or speak to my kids. I'm intellectually impaired due to a birth injury but I never hurt my kids and even though a jury found me not guilty of molestation know still being denied my kids. My wife let her uncle , a level three sex offender move in with us and he touched my child. My child told the police that I was not involved but I got charged anyway. I'm not smart my IQ is 72 I didn't stand a chance in court. How do I get my kids ages 17 and 11 back ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if the state can deny you contact with the children based on your conviction of neglect?