How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Dallas County Texas, I got divorced. I have a decree. I

Customer Question

In Dallas County Texas, I got divorced. I have a decree. I have to give a copy of divorce certificate to some one related to next marriage. I do not want to give decree. But I want a simple one page divorce certificate. How to get that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

I understand that you do not want to give the entire decree of divorce, but rather you would rather just obtain some type of divorce certificate and give that instead, as proof of the divorce. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a certificate of divorce in TX. The divorces in TX are evidenced by the decree of divorce, issued by the clerk of court. Therefore, if you are in need of this document for a legal purpose, only the decree will do.

In the alternative, if you are just showing this to some person, who doesn't need legal proof, perhaps you can go to the county clerk where the divorce is filed, and ask that she print off the docket of filings in your divorce case. That would show each document filed in your divorce case, including that there was a decree of divorce, but it would not contain the contents of the documents. This wouldn't work for a legal purpose where the decree is required, but if you are just providing this document to someone for informational purposes, maybe it would satisfy their need, while helping you maintain your privacy.

Has this answered your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) Can I get those documents by email ? What is their email ID ? Mine is 330th Judicial court DALLAS TEXAS.2) What is meant by certified copy of divorce ? Is that having official stamp ?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, as I research your follow up questions, could you confirm that I was able to answer your original question? Thanks!

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Yes, you can get court records sent to you by email. You need to set up an account with the court. You can get instructions to do this at this website:

A certified copy does have an official stamp, and it has a statement by the person signing the document that it is a true and correct copy of the original.

Hope that helps and have a wonderful night! It was a pleasure assisting you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. could you please tell me how to get the certified copy ? Appreciate it.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Of course. All you need to do is print off this form, fill it out, enclose a check for payment, and mail it off. Let me know if that helps, or if there is anything further I can assist with, as I'm here to assist you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me in getting me the copy of NOTICE OF JUDGMENT MAILED ?It is in dallascounty.orgI'm in India. Internet is slow. I cannot access dallascounty.orgI paid and enrolled in But I cannot see notice of final judgement.When I'm in USA, I used to see all document in dallascounty.orgMy case #: DF-14-12149That notice of final judgement really helps.This is for my second marriage. Please do help.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Before we get to the additional follow up issues, which I would like to assist with, could you please confirm that I have answered your original question. I need to make sure I'm on the right track.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are exactly coming to the point. Please do help as mentioned above
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, If you want me to do that, you'll need to pay me for my time for that additional service. If you would like to talk on the phone, we can discuss it.