How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30168
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in a dispute over child support. The divorce

Customer Question

I am currently in a dispute over child support. The divorce papers say all 3 of the kids will live with each parent 50/50. My oldest daughter(16) has decided to live with her father full time. How is child support calculated when there are 3 kids, but only 2 are living with me part time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Child support is calculated for two children living with you and one children living with the father, based on your current incomes. Then, the smaller number is ***** from the larger, and your husband will pay you the difference between those two results. The calculator includes an adjustment to show that the children are not living with you full time.

It would also be possible for you and your husband to agree that neither of you will pay support to the other, if that seems fair after doing the math.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?