How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Restraining order was denied by the judge and gave m

Customer Question

Restraining order was denied by the judge and gave him visitation rights about eight days a month
How do I build a case if I don't feel that my baby is safe with him
Due to drug use,selling and no stable home
Can I appeal?
This is in California
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He try killing himself about a month ago
And yet mediator didn't take any of this inconsideration
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Yes, you can either appeal to a higher court or you can ask for a new trial to present new evidence regarding his personal issues that jeopardize a child. You can also consider notifying CPS who might also evaluate him. If the judge will not modify visitation perhaps you can ask for supervised visitation.