How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30384
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you also help me with a child support issue? thanks!

Customer Question

hi can you also help me with a child support issue? thanks!
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: daughter is now over 18 and her biological dad is not listed on her birth certificate but mom didnt pursue any child support since she was born. Daughter now is in college and would love to have financial help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

In Hawaii, the statute of limitations on child support is when the child turns 33 years old. She has a right to open a case against the father, seeking support while she is attending college. The judge may require her to provide proof of full-time enrollment each semester in order to keep receiving support. She can request that the payments be paid directly to her rather than to the mother. The state has forms online that can be used to establish paternity and seek a court order for support (Scroll down to Paternity).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?