How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28344
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson lived with me when he came home from the

Customer Question

My grandson lived with me when he came home from the Marines. He and his girfriend both lived here, and he has a daughter my great grandchild. He has since married another, and has the little girl M.W.F. and every other weekend. He has an issue with me, and said horrible things to me, I have not seen the grandchild for about 6 weeks, he feels I don't need to see her all the time.I am trying to go thru the mother to see the grandchild. Is there a problem if I ask if she and her mother come to see me, or I go to see them at her house? Other than being pissed, can he control when I see her? He is a very disrespectful not just to me, but to his mother, my daughter.......I am hurting becuz of him, Mackinley and I love each other very much.She is 2 1/2.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern and am sorry to hear about what you are going through. To answer your question, the answer is NO. There would be no problem. As the mother, she has a legal right to decide who the child can and can not see. While your grandson can object, he can not prevent you from seeing the child or the mother from allowing it, if she wants to facilitate a relationship. You can go to her house or she can come to yours and unless he gets a court order, he can not control when you see her as long as the mother is allowing it.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!