Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Tx case with "reason to believe" following CPS

Customer Question

Tx case with "reason to believe" following CPS investigation. Case is closed. Does anything else happen?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Do I need to?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please clarify what happened? Are you saying that Texas DFPS investigated an alleged abuse/neglect, but then closed the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with "reason to Yes believe"
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Then, nothing else should happen.

Understand that DFPS have no "power" per se. They cannot force an interview, and they certainly cannot simply take your child away from you without a a court order. However, they have a mandate from the state to stand in front of the Court for any child that they feel is being abused/neglected.

So they investigate. However if they do not find anything that they feel is actionable, then they close the file. Nothing else happens. It is over.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!