How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Motion on an employer

Customer Question

Motion for contempt on an employer
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


I believe that what you are seeking is called an "Application for Judgment against Garnishee." See DC rule 69-I(e).

I've searched the internet, and while I have found some similar forms for other jurisdictions, those forms do not meet the precise requirements of the DC Superior Court. I don't have a template available, however, I believe you can obtain one from the D.C. Practice Manual (DC Bar 2015). You're probably not interested in paying $270 for the publication, which mean that you will need to visit a local law library. I suggest that you call the library before you visit, and ensure that the library has the applicable template, so that you don't waste your time and parking fees.

I wish I had the form, but I'd have to draft one from scratch, and that would take me about an hour, which wouldn't be cost effective for you.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Family Law Questions